Saturday, August 22, 2009

Rocky Road may not be gourmet but I had to start the blog somewhere...




And as far as I am concerned, now is a good a time as any. Yesterday was my first attempt at making Rocky Road from scratch for Junior, my beloved. Not being a Rocky Road connoisseur myself and finding no two Rocky Road recipes the same, I must thank my good friend and fellow gastronome Random Pear for her tips. As a out and proud Savour Tooth, I am trying to experiment with sweets to round out my cooking repertoire.

As you can see it turned out very well indeed. A Rocky Road fit for Rocky himself as his rise to the top was anything but smooth. Just for the record- Rocky 3 is my fave.


"Hey yo Adrian, check dis out... Hang on a minute- where's yo hat?"

Rocky's Rocky Road
  • 250g Dark Chocolate
  • 250g Milk Chocolate
  • 200g Marshmallows (I prefer Pascalls pink and white ones)
  • 2 x 55g Fry's Turkish Delight
  • ½ cup Dessicated Coconut
  • ¼ cup Peanuts (unsalted were used but Random Pear suggests trying salted if you enjoy the salty/sweet combo)
  • Handful of Craisins

 - Line a lamington tin with baking paper (I find that when you butter the tin first it not only helps stick the baking paper down but you can fold the corners properly and keep them in place).
- Chop the Turkish Delight in small cubes (about ½cm) and roughly chop the peanuts
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl
- Place a glass bowl over some boiling water in a pan and melt the chocolate together
- Once the chocolate is velvety and viscous, pour into mixing bowl with dry ingredients
- Mix well and pour into lamington tin and put in fridge to set

Verdict: Junior and Random Pear thoroughly enjoyed it. Next time I am going to try omitting the Craisins and adding chopped up Cherry Ripe. Will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails